Opening An Account
To open a new residential account you can choose to visit our office at 117 Gorrie St. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 pm. You will be asked to sign a contract. You can call us at 597-6600 and make fax (597-6988) or email arrangements as well.
You will need the following information to open an account:
- Personal identification
- Your telephone number
- Complete address and your landlords if applicable
- The date your service is to begin
- A security deposit will be required unless you have had a hydro account previously either with us or another hydro utility. We will waive the deposit if you had one year of good credit history on your previous account.
- Void cheque if opting for preauthorized payment plan (authorized bank withdrawal)
- Account set up charge of $25.00 plus HST will be applied to your first bill
Moving Out – Service No Longer Required
You can close your account by notifying us at least 5 working days prior to your move. We will need to know:
- Your current address and account number
- Your name, telephone number and email address if applicable
- Whether you are a tenant or owner
- The final date on which the meter should be read
- Forwarding address of your final bill
- The name of the new occupant/owner
*Requests for physical disconnection of a service are required in writing.